How can I convert my Excel spreadsheet to slides in my PowerPoint presentation?
Thanks to the kind PowerPoint experts at 123PPT.com, converting your Excel spreadsheet to PowerPoint slides couldn't be easier.
There are several ways to get spreadsheet data into PowerPoint and each method has its own strengths and weaknesses.
You can for example select and copy a range of columns and cells from Microsoft Excel and then use
PowePoint's "Paste" or "Paste Special" functions to paste the selected cells onto your slide.
PowerPoint provides several methods for this:
- Paste - the selected cells onto the slide as a powerpoint table.
- Paste the selection as a MS Excel Worksheet object - Pastes the contents of the Windows Clipboard into your PowerPoint presentation so that you can activate it using Microsoft Office Excel 2003.
- Paste selection as html format - Pastes the contents of the Windows Clipboard into your PowerPoint presentation in HTML format.
- Paste selection as picture format - (win meta file, enhanced metafile, bitmap, device independent bitmap). Pastes the contents of the Clipboard into your presentation as a picture.
- Paste link to selection as Excel Worksheet object - Pastes a picture of the selected cells into your PowerPoint presentation. Also Creating a link shortcut to the source file so that changes to the source file will be reflected in your PowerPoint slide presentation.
- Paste link to selection as Attached Hyperlink - Pastes the contents of the Windows Clipboard into your PowerPoint presentation as a hyperlink
- Insert an Excel Worksheet object onto the slide - With your Excel worksheet open, select a cell range and then return to your PowerPoint presentation (PPT file). Double click on the worksheet object and paste the
range into the spreadsheet. This method is similar to cut and pasting between worksheets within Excel and does not leave hidden data on hidden worksheets.